Sorry for the silence. I have not stopped cooking but it has been a busy few weeks.
Last night I cooked a delicious quiche so I thought I would share it with you.
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 courgette
- 6-8 mushrooms
- 1 preserved red pepper
- Olive oil
- 6-8 fresh basil leaves
- 1 Pillsbury tart dough
- 100ml of milk
- 100ml of cooking cream
- A handful of mozzarella grated cheese
- Pre-heat oven at 200 degrees Celsius
- Set your dough in a pie dish to pre-cook in the oven. For the first 10 minutes, set it with dried beans at the bottom of the dough so that it does not loose it shape. After 10 minutes, take the beans out and cook for 5-8 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, in an oil pan, cook at a medium heat the sliced courgette, mushrooms, red pepper and chicken breast. Add a tea spoon of curry and mix well with salt and pepper.
- Cook for about 20 minutes
- In a bowl, mix the milk, the cooking cream, the grated cheese and the basil leaves.
- Take the dough out, and spread the cooked vegetables and chicken on the dough.
- Pour over the milk/cream/cheese/basil mixture over the vegetables and chicken
- Set in the oven for 40 minutes
- Check with a knife if it cooked. If not, cook another 5 minutes.
You can serve with your quiche delicious saffron rice or a salad on warmer days.
Sorry I do not have a photo this time but next time I make it I will add it.